Beware of overconcern for money, or position, or glory. Someday you will meet a man who cares for none of these things. Then you will know how poor you are.
The new year is here.
Neil deGrass Tyson may be right and it “is a cosmically arbitrary event, carrying no Astronomical significance at all,” but there is something to be said about starting fresh…and making some resolutions.
Or, rather, making resolutions and establishing goals.
Mine for this year:
- To better know the “man who cares for none of” “money, or position, or glory.”
- To pray more often and more fervently.
- To get back down to 205 pounds.
- To read more (and not just because starting university coursework on January 8 will increase it).
- To spend less time on social media.
- To be kinder on social media.
- To write at least one letter a week.
- To love. Truly love. Everyone.
Two late additions:
- Write more.
- Start work on a children’s book (tween/teen).
Happy New Year! May 2018 bless you and yours…and if you do not know the Man I speak of, may the Holy Spirit draw you to Him, change your heart, and add you to His fold.
Love to you.